What causes you Sunburn?
Before proceeding further to best sunburn treatments, lets discuss what sunburn is? Sun rays feels good but they are not good for the skin. If you stay all the day out in hot blazing summer, sun rays can give you age spots, wrinkles and are the top cause of skin cancer. Sunburn happens when the body is directly exposed to the sun. The ultraviolet (UV) rays coming from the sun harms the fibers of the skin. The skin begins to stretch and bruises are formed. Sunburn is mostly common in summers or in hot areas where the sun rays are strongest. Symptoms of sunburn include redness of the skin, itching, pain and fatigue.
Symptoms of sunburn
Some severe symptoms of sunburn include skin burning and blisters. The body may get dehydrated as well. It is important to take precautionary measures in order to prevent sunburn.
Mild sunburn includes skin redness and pain. Skin peeling may also occur within 4-5 days. Mild Sunburn can be treated easily even inside the home. Apart from prescribed medicated cream from your personal doctor, you should try some homemade remedies to treat your sun burn instantly. Sunburned face, lips and body can be revived just by preparing a solutions of home made things, which definitely work & sooth your body.
Swear sunburns are more likely to cause you a permanent skin damage. Repeated sunburns, especially if the burns are more severe, can cause skin cancer, eye disease, blistering, skin burning fluid loss (dehydration) and infection. Sometimes this condition can led you to a mild fever including nausea and rashes along with redness of skin. However, fever is more common to happen in infants rather then adults.
10 ways to protect your skin from sunburn
It may comes in mind that how to treat sunburn fast? It is important to wear sunscreen when exposed to the sun every day. Sunscreen protects the skin from the damage. While choosing the sunscreen make sure it has sun protection factor (SPF) of at least 30. Apply at least 15 minutes before going outside.
Wear hats and full covered dress in order to protect the skin from directly getting affected, also if possible try to avoid getting out especially when the sun rays are at their strongest.
Use cosmetics that provide UV protection. Observe your skin regularly so you can identify sunburn immediately and start treating the skin.
Home Remedies for sunburn:
Here are various ways to nurse sunburn at home with the things you already have in your kitchen, vanity and pantry.
- Take a cool shower or bath immediately after the burn
- Apply Aloe Vera gel as it will relieve the skin from pain and will also give a soothing effect.
- Mild burn can turn into a severe burn if not treated properly and on time. White vinegar if applied will reduce the inflammation occurring in the skin and will also prevent skin from getting infected. The acetic acid present in white vinegar has an ability to lessen the pain and inflammation. It also helps as an antiseptic.
- Take a cool bath by adding two cups of vinegar in the bath water before getting in.
- Mix baking soda with vinegar, make a paste and then coat the area with the mixture before bedtime and leave it on overnight.
- Baking soda is another great source for treating sunburn. Mix baking soda with water and make a paste. Apply the paste directly to the affected area and leave it for 15 minutes. Let baking soda do the magic. Baking soda will help in restoring the pH level of the skin.
- Green tea work wonders. Green tea contains polyphenols which is anti – inflammatory and helps to cure the skin. Soak a clean towel in tea, put the towel in the fridge and allow cooling before applying to the skin.
- Bathe with mint to treat the sun burnt area. Make a peppermint tea or mix two drops of peppermint oil with Luke warm water then chill the mixture and gently bathe the sunburned area.
- Cut cucumber or potato into slices and gently rub on the affected area to reduce swelling. They contain the compounds that reduce the pain and swelling from the skin.
- Greek yogurt is also considered as an anti-inflammatory agent and can be used to moisturize the skin. Apply Greek yogurt as a mask and rinse after 15 minutes.
- Witch hazel is also an excellent product to heal sunburn fast. Dip cotton in witch hazel and dab it directly on your skin. It will speed the healing process and will reduce inflammation.
- Sun burn can also be treated with vitamin E and C. Take 2000 milligrams of vitamin C and 1000 UI of vitamin E for almost 7 to 8 days. It will repair the skin and will reduce the chances of skin cancer in the future.
- Evaporated milk will also heal the skin and ease the pain. Pour some evaporated milk on a piece of cloth and apply on the affected area. This layer will lock the moisturizer in the skin allowing it to heal faster.
- Sun burnt skin means dehydrated skin. Drink plenty of water to keep the body hydrated.
Best Sunburn Treatment Creams In The Market
|Product Name||Product Dimension||Shipping Weight||Best Prices|
|Seven Minerals Organic Aloe Vera Gel||2.2 x 2.2 x 9 inches ; 12 ounces||8 pounds||See Price|
|Burt’s Bees Aloe & coconut after Sun Soother||3 x 1.7 x 7.2 inches ; 3.2 ounces||7 pounds||See Price|
| Alocane severe Sunburn Gel||1.5 x 1.8 x 4.9 inches ; 0.32 ounces||4.3 ounces||See Price|
|Sun Burnt After Sun Gel Cream||1.9 x 9 x 7.1 inches ; 1.45 pounds||1.5 pounds||See Price|
|Solar Recover After Sun Moisturizing Spray||2.2 x 2.2 x 9 inches ; 12 ounces||13.5 ounces||See Price|
|Green Leaf Naturals Aloe Vera Gel for Face||-||9.6 ounces||See Price|
|Sun Bum Cool Down Hydrating After Sun Lotion||4.95 x 7.1 x 4.05 in||5.73 pounds||See Price|
|Maui Vera Organic Sunburn Relief & After Sun Moisturizer||7 x 2 x 2 inches ; 6.6 ounces||7.2 ounces||See Price|
|Roll over image to zoom in|
Bio-Oil - Multiuse Skincare Oil
|6 x 5 x 4 inches||1.6 ounces||See Price|
|After-Sun Solution For SunBurn Relief||-||120 milliliter||See Price|
Seven minerals organic aloe vera gel is made up of freshly cut aloe vera plants. Aloe vera is the best moisturizer for the skin and also speed up the healing process. Seaweed is also added which is again a natural ingredient to make a smooth gel and easy to stick to the skin whereas most other gels have chemicals like xanthan gum and carbomers to thicken the mixture which can cause irritation to the burnt skin. If you are looking for the best lotion for sunburn then you must consider this gel.
Seven minerals aloe vera gel is an excellent daily moisturizer for the skin. The gel softens, revitalize chapped and sun-exposed skin and helping to retain the normal moisture. It stimulates the fibroblast, skin cells that heal the wounds and reduce the scars quickly by reducing the inflammation and producing new cells. It has natural antifungal and antibacterial qualities.
This gel is made from freshly cut aloe veras unlike others who use aloe vera powder.
To ensure freshness these aloe veras are grown southern Texas, in USDA certified fields making it the purest aloe vera gel.
Natural ingredients like sea wood are used to thicken the paste instead of thickening agents.
Speedily heals burnt skin, treat cuts and soothe the rashes.
Speedily heals burnt skin, treat cuts and soothe the rashes.
Absorbs quickly on skin leaving no sticky residue.
Burt’s bees aloe and coconut after sun soother is another best product to treat sunburnt skin. If you have drier skin this formula will work wonders for you. Coconut helps to recover and replenish the skin after severe burn
The formula includes coconut oil, honey aloe vera with flower extract. All natural ingredients to heal and moisturize the skin bringing its natural moisture back. It is free from petroleum and potentially irritating parabens.
99% natural aloe vera and coconut oil
Best face and body moisturizer for sunburn
Coconut oil hydrates the skin while aloe vera soothe the skin and retain its natural moisture
Burt’s Bees Aloe & coconut after Sun Soother
- Made from natural ingredients
- Good for dry of skin
- Can be used as a daily moisturizer
- No greasy residue
- A little expensive than other products in market.
- Cover need to be washed frequently.
Alocane severe sunburn gel has a higher quantity of lidocaine, a topical pain reliever that also reduces itching enabling the skin to repair quickly. This is a water-based formula that contains aloe vera and vitamin E which allow the gel to absorb quickly deeper into the skin’s layer. When applied on to the kin it gives instantly cooling effect to the burnt skin. Its not sunburn relief homemade but its organic.
Physicians and pharmacists also recommend aloecane sunburn gel to be applied on first degree burns. Not only sunburn but it is also useful for Kitchen Burns, Electricity burns, heat, light, Itches, Rashes, Bug Bites and Shingles. Applying the gel 4 times daily can treat any burn immediately. It is recommended for adults as well as children.
It has 4% of lidocane which relives pain fast and soothes the skin
It has cooling properties and feels good to the skin
Absorbs deeply into the layers of the skin.
Alocane severe Sunburn Gel
- Made from natural ingredients like aloe vera and vitamin E
- Its cooling properties gives instant relief to the burning skin
- No greasy residue
- Recommended for adults as well as children
- Cannot be used as daily moisturizer
- Not multipurpose
When talking about sunburnt After Sun Gel, it’s is composed of pure aloe vera along with ingredients (calendula, Echinacea hyaluronic acid) that nourish, hydrate and moisturize skin’s epidemic layer providing relief form sunburn & dry skin. Recommended by us because of its 100% organic aloe vera gel that feels silky smooth and never gets sticky. You may be looking for how to cure sunburn dark skin then this one is the right choice for you.
The SunBurnt’s patented ‘after sun aloe vera gel’ is ultra hydrating and is a great choice for moisturizing skin care on your face & body. Its aloe moisturizer does not only boost skin hydration to 20+ times but also nourish dry skin at the same time. Best to use before having a sunbath in blazing summer.
100% pure Aloe Vera Gel.
gives instant relief to sun burn itching
5- Solar Recover After Sun Moisturizing Spray (12 oz)
Getting exposed to the hot sun causes Sunburn, and it doesn’t discriminate when it comes to which part they are burning of yours. Therefore, in order to relieve pain and rehydrate your skin, apply Solar recover spray to all parts of your body. For most of creams, you need any assistance from another person to reach every part of your body. SOLAR RECOVER’s Hydrating Mist is a fluid lotion that not only takes care of your sunburned skin’s but also protects you from UV radiations. You just have to spray it down to hard-to-reach areas.
The SOLAR RECOVER Save Your Skin’s mist adds moisture to parched skin and also prevents it from peeling and other uncomfortable side effects caused by sunburns. The distilled water (Fluid) is totally free of impurities for healthy skin. Other ingredients like vitamin E, calendula and French seaweed lock in moisture while soothing itchy, painful sunburns.
instant pain relief
Fluid comes out in form of spery
No need of any assistance to apply on heard to reach areas
Soothes pain as well as protect from sun radiations
When we talk about sunburn we shall be very conscious of our face not to get affected by sunburn. Almost every other part of our body can be covered up somehow, but face can’t be. Therefore, Green Leaf Naturals Aloe Vera Gel for Face & Hair is composed of a formula that gets absorbs to the skin quickly without any stickiness.
It is made from 99% pure, cold-pressed, Aloe vera gel with a minute amount of thickener added to help the gel gets easily spread across your face and penetrate more deeply.
Pure Alovera Gel
Get absorb easily in skin
No stickness found
Developed for sensitive skin, specially face
Pain relief with in 24 hours
When it comes to the protection of your young ones then the price is not a thing to be compared with. The Sun Bum Cool Down Hydrating After Sun Lotion is ideal for kids to treat their body from sunburn. It is designed to restore sunburnt skin & prevents peeling it off. It is a composition of moisturizing ingredients such as, 100% Aloe Vera lotion, Cocoa butter, jojoba oil and Vitamin E that together help your body get recovered from sunburn. Its chemical composition produces non-greasy gell that gets absorbed quickly and leaves skin smooth & soft.
The Sun Bum After Sun Cream is Dermatologist tested, Hypoallergenic and is made of Vegan and Reef Friendly ingredients – Oxbenzone & Octinoxate Free.
100% Aloe Vera lotion
This product is 100% organic best suited for those who are are more keen on using organic body care products. The Maui Vera’s moisturizer is a powerful combination of organic aloe vera, Green tea, peppermint, and noni soothes skin. The lotion doesn’t have any sticky gel as well as no parabens, artificial colors or synthetic fragrances. An ideal pick for adults and infants, who like organic healthcare & cures rather than medicated.
No sticky gel
Best for sensitive skin
No smell of bad order
Maui Vera Organic Sunburn Relief & After Sun Moisturizer
- Gives more relief if applied at night time
- Helps prevent peeling of skin after sunburn
- Comes with 5 years warranty.
- A mild smell that may not be liked by some people
Prevention is better than cure, by using this Bio-Oil, there can be Multiuse of it. Bio-Oil adds energy to the skin’s natural oil layer, helping to restore its function of retaining moisture. It protects you from Sunburn, itching and mild burn.
Apply this Bio-Oil in a circular motion into the scar and generally massage it twice, daily before you get your self exposed to sunlight. It helps improve the appearance of uneven skin tone, aging, and dry skin. The good thing about this product is, it’s non-greasy and won’t clog your pores, gets absorbs on your body easily. Ideal product for every type of skin tone.
Doesn’t sticks to your pores
Ideal for sensitive skins
Sutton Family Skin Care’s premium After-Sun Solution is a liquid skin spray that cools down your skin & let you feel better while being exposed to the sun. After-Sun Solution comes with all natural ingredients to provide a soothing feeling with leaving sticky residue on your skin. while being affected from strong damaging rays of Sun, Spray this on your body as quickly as possible after getting into the shade in order to feel immediate relief, best for minimizing redness and help prevent skin blistering. There are many other sunburn remedies that work but the results of this product are really outstanding.
Pain-free sunburn treatment
Calms burning sensation immidiately
Helps prevent skin blistering.
Enhanced cooling affect.
- Instant relief from burning sensation.
- Cools down body temperature.
- Pocket sized, can be taken anywhere.
- Expensive then some of the other products in the market.